Recipe By:Marissa Wright
“I was given this recipe by my mom when I went away to college, and it has become all of my friends’ favorite!”
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast meat – cubed
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Saute chicken in a medium saucepan over medium high heat for about 20 minutes. Add vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, green onion, garlic and oregano. Simmer for an extra 10 minutes.
- Heat an iron skillet over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the pan, warm, and turn over to heat the other side. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve lime chicken mixture in warm tortillas topped with tomato, lettuce, cheese and salsa.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2016 Allrecipes.com
Printed From Allrecipes.com 2/28/2016
Chicken Tortilla Pie
2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
1/4 cup salsa
1 cup spicy black bean dip (such as Guiltless Gourmet)
4 (8-inch) multigrain flour tortillas (such as Tumaro’s)
1/2 cup (2 ounces) reduced-fat shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Combine chicken and salsa in a medium bowl.
3. Spread 1/4 cup black bean dip over each tortilla. Top each evenly with chicken mixture and 2 tablespoons cheese. Stack tortillas in bottom of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450°fro for 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese melts. Remove sides of pan. Cut pie into 4 wedges. Serve immediately.
Credit: Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast, Oxmoor House
2009. Copyright © 2014 Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. All Rights Reserved.
Idea for Valentines Day Family Dinner
Chili Stuffed Chicken
4 breasts, chicken, halves, broiler/fryer, boned, skinned
4 ounces chilies, green, canned, chopped, drained
3/4 cup cheese, Monterey jack, shredded
1 large garlic, clove, minced
1/2 tablespoon. chili powder
2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
4 tablespoon salsa, chunky style
Make a horizontal cut across each chicken breast to make a pocket. In a small bowl, mix the chilies, cheese, garlic, and chili powder. Divide the cheese mixture into four equal portions and place one portion in each chicken breast pocket; secure the chicken pockets with wooden picks. In large non-stick pan, place the butter and melt over medium heat. Add chicken to the melted butter and cook, turning, for about 12 minutes, or until the chicken is brown and fork tender. Arrange the lettuce and chicken on a large serving platter. Spoon 1 tablespoon. of salsa over each chicken breast.
Credit: Copyright © 2006 – 2014 HealthyHomeRecipes.Com. All rights reserved.