I am always looking for low calorie snack ideas. Triscuit is one of my go to crackers. The fine folks at Nabisco shated these pairing ideas so I wanted to share them with you. Happy Eating, Nana
Credit goes to Nabisco for their photo copyright. I am not associated with Nabisco.
Cherry-Topped Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine preserves and allspice. Heat in the microwave until warmed. Serve with chicken.Yield: 4 servings.
Credit Originally published as Cherry-Topped Chicken in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p35 Taste of Home
Beef Tips and Noodles
1 pound sirloin tips, cubed
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (1.25 ounce) package beef with onion soup mix
1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
1 cup water
1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a 13×9 inch casserole dish, combine the mushroom and beef onion soups, canned mushrooms and water. Mix thoroughly and add beef tips. Turn to coat well.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour.
- While beef tips are baking, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Serve beef tips and sauce over noodles.
Credit: ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright 2014 Allrecipes.com
Sesame Beef Bowls
Yield: 2 servings
- 250 grams (9 ounces) tender cut of beef thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing Wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon potato starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- In a bowl, combine the beef, Shaoxing, ginger and garlic and thoroughly mix together. Add the potato starch and mix to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the water, soy sauce and sugar and stir to combine.
- Add the sesame seeds to a sauté pan and heat over medium high heat. Toast the sesame seeds until they are golden brown, swirling them around the pan constantly to ensure they brown evenly.
- Once the sesame seeds are well toasted, transfer them to a plate and add the sesame oil to the pan along with the beef.
- Stir-fry the beef until there are no red bits left, and then add the soy sauce mixture. Bring this mixture to a boil, stirring constantly until it’s turned into a thick sauce that coats the meat.
- Add the toasted sesame seeds, and then serve the beef over steamed Asian greens on rice.Credit: Recipe from Food blogger Marc Matsumoto, Recipe courtesy of Fresh Tastes.
1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix 2 eggs
Garnishes, if desired
12 mini kosher dill pickles 1 medium tomato, chopped Ketchup and mustard
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. • 2. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Cool 5 minutes; stir in Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and cheese.
• 3. In medium bowl, stir baking mixture ingredients with whisk or fork until blended. Spoon 1 scant tablespoon baking mixture into each muffin cup. Top with about 1/4 cup burger mixture. Spoon 1 tablespoon baking mixture onto burger mixture in each muffin cup.
• 4. Bake about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, and muffin tops are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. With thin knife, loosen sides of muffins from pan; remove from pan and place top side up on cooling rack. Cool 10 minutes longer, and serve with garnishes.
Credit: Recipe and photograph are property of http://www.bettycrocker.com.