Easy coconut macaroons are made with 3 ingredients.
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 8 minutes
- 16 ounces shredded coconut
- 1 can (14-15 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions for coconut macaroons
Mix all ingredients together.
Drop by teaspoonful’s onto generously greased baking sheets.
Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool coconut macaroons slightly; remove to rack. Makes about 4 to 5 dozen coconut macaroons.
Chocolate Macaroon Cookies
These cookies are quick and easy, made with egg whites, ground almonds, and chocolate chips.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces (about 1 cup) semisweet chocolate chips, melted, cooled
Beat egg whites and salt until stiff but not dry. Beat in sugar, a little at a time; beat until mixture is thick and glossy. Mixture should stand in peaks. Fold in almonds, vanilla, and melted chocolate. Drop chocolate macaroons by teaspoonful’s onto buttered cookie sheets. Bake chocolate macaroons at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes.
Makes about 48 chocolate macaroons.
Credit: Both recipes and photo credit goes to©2014 About.com. All rights reserved.
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 14-ounce package sweetened shredded coconut (about 5 cups)
- Heat oven to 325° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Vigorously whisk together the egg whites, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl until glossy, foamy, and the sugar is mostly almost dissolved. Fold in the coconut, stirring until evenly combined.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, drop the batter in mounds (about 2 tablespoons each) 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake, rotating the sheets halfway through, until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes; let cool completely. The macaroons will keep for up to 5 days at room temperature in an airtight container.Cooking Tip: For a delicious upgrade, dip the bottoms of the cooled macaroons in melted bittersweet chocolate. Refrigerate on a parchment-lined baking sheet until firm, 20 to 30 minutes.
Credit: Recipe By Charlyne Mattox , March, 2013. Copyright © 2014 Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. All rights reserved.
Photo property of José Picayo.