- 4 portobello mushrooms (about 1 1/4 pounds total), stems discarded
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 slices Cheddar (about 4 ounces)
- 3 medium russet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- lettuce and sliced red onion, for serving
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
How to Make It
Heat oven to 425° F. Rub the mushrooms with 2 tablespoons of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper on a rimmed baking sheet.
Place the mushrooms stem-side down and roast until tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Top each mushroom with a slice of Cheddar and continue to cook until melted, 3 to 5 minutes more.
Copyrights are reserved to FoodTV.
“This is a simple but delicious side dish. It could also be a main course for a vegetarian. It’s great for using all those wonderful summer tomatoes from the garden! You can change the cheeses to fit your taste as well as the seasoning. Blue cheese and fennel, Swiss cheese and thyme, Gouda and dill, whatever your favorites are.”
- 1 recipe pastry for a single 9-inch pie crust
- 3 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Press pie crust into a 9-inch pie pan; prick bottom and sides with fork.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool completely.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place tomatoes in a single layer of a colander; sprinkle with salt. Let sit for about 10 minutes to release moisture. Blot excess moisture with a paper towel. Arrange 1 layer of tomato slices around the bottom of the cooled pie crust, overlapping the slices. Sprinkle half the garlic and half the basil onto tomato layer. Sprinkle half the Cheddar cheese and half the mozzarella cheese over basil layer. Repeat layering with remaining tomatoes, garlic, basil, Cheddar cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Spread mayonnaise over the top mozzarella cheese layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2017 Allrecipes.com
Printed From Allrecipes.com 8/24/2017
- 4 hr 30 min
- 15 min
- 4 hr 15 min
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- One 3- to 5-pound chuck roast
- 2 or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 whole onions, peeled and halved
- 6 to 8 whole carrots, unpeeled, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup red wine, optional
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh thyme
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
Generously salt and pepper the chuck roast.
Heat the olive oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the halved onions to the pot, browning them on both sides. Remove the onions to a plate.
Throw the carrots into the same very hot pot and toss them around a bit until slightly browned, about a minute or so. Reserve the carrots with the onions.
If needed, add a bit more olive oil to the very hot pot. Place the meat in the pot and sear it for about a minute on all sides until it is nice and brown all over. Remove the roast to a plate.
With the burner still on high, use either red wine or beef broth (about 1 cup) to deglaze the pot, scraping the bottom with a whisk. Place the roast back into the pot and add enough beef stock to cover the meat halfway.
Add in the onions and the carrots, along with the fresh herbs.
Put the lid on, then roast for 3 hours for a 3-pound roast. For a 4 to 5-pound roast, plan on 4 hours. The roast is ready when it’s fall-apart tender.
2011 Ree Drummond, All Rights Reserved
Healthy Low-Carb BLT Recipe
Per two wraps:
- 286 calories
- 24 g fat (6.7 g sat)
- 7 g carbs
- 186 mg sodium
- 5.3 g fiber
- 12 g protein
Total time: 10 minutes
4 large leaves of romaine lettuce, washed and dried
4 slices of cooked low-sodium bacon
1 boiled egg, sliced
1/2 avocado, sliced
1/2 tomato, sliced
Handful of pea shoots, washed and drained
- Lay lettuce leaves onto two plates and divide the rest of the ingredients onto each piece of lettuce. Wrap or fold to eat.
© 2017 Daily Burn, Inc.
All rights reserved.
A health, fitness and lifestyle site brought to you by Daily Burn, in partnership with Verywell.