6 Ounces chicken breast
1 Serving Barbecue sauce
2 Cups mixed greens
1/4 Cup canned chickpeas
1/2 Hass avocado, diced
1 Serving Ranch Dressing
Use the Atkins recipes to make Barbecue Sauce for the chicken and Ranch Dressing for the salad.
Season chicken with salt and freshly ground pepper then grill for about 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink in the center. Serve with Barbecue Sauce. Combine the greens, chickpeas and avocado with the dressing. Serve with chicken.
Credit: ©2015 Atkins Nutritionals
chicken pot pie casserole, with a hash brown crust replacing the pie crust, is a slightly less-rich version of the classic comfort food.”
3 cups frozen shredded hash browns
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed
1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom
1 cup chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoons butter, melted
||Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch square baking dish.
||Beat eggs together in a bowl. Add hash browns and mix well; season with salt and pepper. Press hash brown mixture into the prepared baking dish.
||Bake in the preheated oven until crust is lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
||Mix vegetables, cream of mushroom soup, and chicken together in a bowl and spread over the crust; top with bread crumbs. Drizzle butter over bread crumb layer and season with salt and pepper.
||Bake in the preheated oven until heated through and bread crumbs are lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
|ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2015 Allrecipes.com
With salsa, chili powder, bell peppers and tortillas, this Southwestern Chicken Casserole is a fiesta on your plate! And a healthy one at that! Don’t be surprised if you want to break out the sombreros!
What You’ll Need:
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cup salsa
- 4 (6-inch) no-added-salt corn tortillas, torn
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat, shredded Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
s, for garnish
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large, nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, garlic and chili powder. Add to skillet and cook over medium-high heat for 4-6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, stirring frequently. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- Add oil to hot skillet. Add onion and pepper; cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach.
- Coat a 2-qt. baking dish with cooking spray. Spread about 1/2 cup salsa in bottom of dish. Top with half the tortilla pieces, half of chicken mixture, and half of vegetable mixture. Pour half of remaining salsa over vegetables and top with half the cheese. Repeat layers once, except cheese.
- Bake, covered, for 30-35 minutes, or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with cherry tomatoes, chopped avocado, and fresh cilantro.
© 2015 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated.
All rights reserved.
Prep time: 30 min
Total time: 30 min
Makes: 4 servings
What You Need
4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb.)
1/2 cup TACO BELL® Thick & Chunky Salsa
1/2 cup crushed baked tortilla chips
1/2 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
2 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 cups grape tomatoes
2 cups cooked long-grain brown rice
1/4 cup BREAKSTONE’S Reduced Fat or KNUDSEN Light Sour Cream
Heat oven to 400ºF. Place chicken on foil-covered baking sheet; top with salsa. Bake 20 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF), topping with crushed chips and cheese for the last 5 min.
Meanwhile, cook bacon in large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings from skillet. Add onions to skillet; cook and stir 5 min. Stir in tomatoes; cook 4 to 5 min. or until tomatoes begin to pop, stirring occasionally. Add rice; cook 2 to 3 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in bacon.
Top chicken with sour cream. Serve with rice mixture.
Nutritional information per serving
Calories 380 , Total fat 10g , Saturated fat 4g , Cholesterol 85mg , Sodium 530mg , Carbohydrate 35g , Dietary fiber 4g , Sugars 5g , Protein 33g , Vitamin A 20%DV , Vitamin C 10%DV , Calcium 25%DV , Iron 10%DV .
Credit: © 2009 – 2014 Kraft Foods
Healthy Living Information
2 Starch,1 Vegetable,4 Meat (L),1/2 Fat
Help your friends and family eat right with this delicious low-calorie meal.
12-ounce bag broccoli slaw
3 carrots, shredded
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
3 ½ tablespoons hoisin sauce
¼ cup low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 ½ teaspoons lower-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
4 low-carb whole wheat tortillas
- Layer the slaw mix and carrots in the bottom of crockpot. Top with the chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix the hoisin sauce, chicken broth, garlic, soy sauce, and cornstarch. Pour over the chicken mixture and set the crockpot to high for 4-6 hours.
- Warm the low-carb tortillas and serve 1 ½ cups of mixture over each tortilla.
Recipe Cost: $8.74
- 1/2 C sliced celery
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 whole wheat pizza crusts
- 2/3 C barbecue sauce
- 1 C shredded cooked chicken
- 2 oz crumbled blue cheese
- celery leaves
Prepare grill for medium-high heat.
Combine 1/2 c sliced celery with 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice and marinate 10 minutes.
Unwrap 2 whole wheat pizza crusts and lightly coat 1 side of each with olive oil spray.
Put crusts oil side down on grill and heat until bottoms are golden brown, about 2 minutes.
Flip crusts and spread evenly with 2/3 c barbecue sauce (we used Annie’s Naturals Original).
Sprinkle 1 c shredded cooked chicken and 2 oz crumbled blue cheese evenly over top of crusts.
Grill until bottoms are golden brown, about 2 minutes longer. Remove.
Top pizzas with drained marinated celery and garnish with celery leaves.
Cut each pizza into 4 slices.
credit: From Prevention magazine issue date unknown.
17 grams carbohydrates
3 grams sugar
This Recipe Serves 6
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
1 (15 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
1 cup no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2/3 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1.5 oz (or about 24) baked tortilla chips, crushed
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 2 1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.Season the chicken with black pepper.
Spray a large sauté pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high. Add the chicken and cook for 8 minutes.
Add the diced tomatoes, black beans, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder to the pan. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
Pour the chicken mixture into the baking dish. Sprinkle cheese on top and then top with the crushed tortilla chips.
Bake 12 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Credit from http://www.diabetes.org.
Yields: 10 servings
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 35 min
What You’ll Need:
1 large onion, chopped
1 large green bell pepper, chopped
2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
2 (10-ounce) cans reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
1 teaspoon chili powder / teaspoon garlic powder / teaspoon black pepper 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch pieces 2 cups reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 3 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and saute onion and bell pepper over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until tender.
3. Stir in chicken, soup, diced tomatoes, chili powder, garlic powder and pepper, remove from heat.
4. Layer one-third tortilla pieces in bottom of prepared dish. Top with one-third chicken mixture and one-third cheese. Repeat layers twice. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly.
Credit:MR. FOOD TEST KITCHEN, the “Mr. Food Test Kitchen” oval, and OOH IT’S SO GOOD!! are trademarks or registered trademarks of Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated.
© 2015 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2″ cubes
4 tsp. olive oil
3 slices 30% less fat centercut bacon (we used Oscar Mayer), chopped
1 1/2 C Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
1 med sweet potato (8 oz.), peeled and cut into 1/2″ cubes
1 med onion, chopped
2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 3/4″ cubes
4 cloves garlic, sliced
1 tap chopped fresh thyme or 1/4 tsp. dried
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 C reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/8 tsp. salt
Season chicken lightly with salt. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in large nonstick frying pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate.
Return pan to heat and add remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Stir in bacon and cook until starting to brown, about 2 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts, sweet potato, and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in apples, garlic, thyme, and cinnamon. Cook 3 minutes. Pour in 1/2 cup of the broth, bring to a boil, and cook until evaporated, about 2 minutes. add reserved chicken and remaining 1/2 cup broth. Season with the salt and black pepper as needed. Cook until hot, about 2 minutes.
Credit: Recipe from Prevention.
1 lb. grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
4 oz. bocconcini — 12 small mozzarella balls halved
1/2 cup torn fresh basil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 lb. rigatoni preferable whole wheat
1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
Mix together tomatoes, bocconcini, basil, vinegar, and oil in serving bowl. Let stand 10 minutes.
Cook pasta per package directions until al dente while tomatoes stand. Drain. Add hot pasta and chicken to tomato mixture, stirring to coat well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with fresh basil leaves, if desired.