3/4 pound green beans, trimmed
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for grill grates
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
2 strip steaks (about 1-inch thick), about 1 1/2 pounds total, trimmed of excess fat and halved
Chimichurri sauce, recipe follows
- Chimichurri Sauce:
1/2 small garlic clove
1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
1/4 cup fresh herbs, such as parsley, mint and cilantro
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon water
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place a double layered piece of heavy-duty foil on a tray or cutting board; fold and gather edge to form a rim. Toss the green beans and tomatoes on foil with 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a grill to medium. Lightly oil the grill grates and season the steak with salt and pepper. Slide the foil tray onto the grill; cook, tossing occasionally, until the beans char slightly and cook through, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the steaks to the grill; cook until desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove steaks to cutting board to rest 5 minutes. Slice, and serve steak and the vegetables with the Chimichurri Sauce.
- Nutritional analysis per serving of steak and tomatoes
- Calories 451; Total Fat 29g (Sat Fat 11g, Mono Fat 13.4g, Poly Fat 1.54) ; Protein 37g; Carb 9g; Fiber 4g; Cholesterol 94mg; Sodium 217mg
- Combine the garlic, vinegar, herbs, olive oil and water in small food processor; pulse until herbs are coarsely chopped. Season with salt and pepper.
- Calories 33; Total Fat 3.5g (Sat Fat .5g, Mono Fat 2.7g, Poly Fat 0.3g) ; Protein 0g; Carb 0g; Fiber 0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 120.5mg
© 2016 Television Food Network G.P. All Rights Reserved.