TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffins comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 3. Combine confectioners’ sugar and milk; drizzle over muffins. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 105 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Cream Cheese Cranberry Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC