TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min. 2servings
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 5 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/3 cup lightly salted cashews, toasted
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute celery and onion in 2 teaspoons oil until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in remaining oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Add the peas, broth, mushrooms and celery mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cashews; serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1 cup vegetable mixture and 1/2 cup rice (prepared with reduced-sodium broth) equals 573 calories, 26 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,425 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 36 g protein
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.