Serving Size: 1 cookie
Chilling Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 5 min
What You’ll Need:
- 1 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour (we like to use King Arthur brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup sugar and the butter; beat with a mixer until well blended. Add the milk, vanilla, and egg; beat well. Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, beating just until combined. Cover and chill 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining sugar with the cinnamon.
- Shape dough into 42 1-inch balls, then roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture until evenly coated. Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets and slightly flatten with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes. (Cookies will be slightly soft.) Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes, then remove and cool completely on wire racks.
- Credit: MR. FOOD TEST KITCHEN, the “Mr. Food Test Kitchen” oval, EVERDAY DIABETIC RECIPES, and OOH IT’S SO GOOD!! are trademarks or registered trademarks of Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated.
© 2015 by Ginsburg Enterprises