- Cooking spray
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 4 (1.3-ounce) frozen vegetable protein sausage patties, thawed and crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
Place a 12-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chopped bell pepper and mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes. Add sausage, salt, and pepper; reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 1 minute.
Combine egg substitute and half-and-half; carefully pour over sausage mixture. Cover and cook 6 minutes. (Frittata will be slightly moist on top.) Sprinkle with cheese.
Broil 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Cut into 8 wedges.
Credit:Copyright © 2015 Health Media Ventures, Inc. All rights reserved.