Pimientos and a touch of cayenne enrich a light creamy dressing for a healthy seafood salad. Stuff avocado halves with it for a sensational lunch or light supper.
- Calories – 168
- Carbohydrates – 7g
- Saturated Fat – 2g
- Protein – 12g
- Sodium – 225mg
Dietary Fiber – 5g
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pimientos, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 2/3 cups cooked crabmeat, picked over
- 2 ripe avocados, halved
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, pimientos, garlic, cayenne and salt in a blender. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and mix in crab. Adjust seasoning with cayenne and salt.
Divide the crab salad among avocado halves. Serve with lemon wedges.
Credit: © Alliance Health. All rights reserved