Spaghetti With Roasted Zucchini
12 ounce(s) spaghetti
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 1/2 slice(s) fresh bread, torn into 1-in. pieces
- 2 clove(s) garlic, smashed
- 4 small zucchini (about 1 lb total), sliced 1/4 in. thick
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan (1 oz)
- 1/4 cup(s) flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) grated lemon zest
- Heat oven to 425°F. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Toss the pasta with 1 Tbsp of the oil.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse the bread and garlic until the bread forms coarse crumbs and the garlic is chopped.
- In a large bowl, toss the zucchini, red pepper, remaining 2 Tbsp oil and ½ tsp salt. Add the Parmesan and bread crumb mixture and toss to combine. Spread the zucchini mixture on 2 rimmed baking sheets and roast until the zucchini is tender and golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the zucchini mixture, parsley and lemon zest.
For a one-pan meal, skip the pasta and toss 1 lb large raw peeled and deveined shrimp with the zucchini and bread crumb mixture before roasting.