- 4 tbsps. salted butter.
- 2 shallots (chopped)
- 5 cups baby spinach (packed fresh)
- 1 large eggs
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- large pasta shells)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan and add shallots. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until shallots are soft.
- Add all the spinach to the pan, salt lightly, and cover with a lid for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta in salted water for 8-9 minutes or recommended cooking time.
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together egg and ricotta. Set aside.
- Using a pair of cooking tongs, turn spinach in the pan until it is wilted, but not completely cooked. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta and add to ricotta mixture. Toss well to coat. Add spinach to the pasta and combine well.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper as needed and serve at once.
Credit: Recipe and photo from © 2009-2014 Yummly.