Tuna and Olive Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces (1/2 box) whole-wheat penne pasta
- 1/4 cup store-bought pesto
- 1 (6-ounce) can oil-packed tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
1. Cook pasta according to package directions in salted water; reserve 1/4 cup pasta water. Drain pasta, run under cold water, and return to pot.2. In a bowl, whisk together pesto and 2 tablespoons reserved pasta water; toss with pasta, tuna, olives, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper in pot. Chill, if desired; serve.
Credit: Recipe and photograph Copyright © 2014 Health Media Ventures, Inc. All rights reserved.