Tater Tots Casserole with Cheddar Cheese
- Prep Time: 10 Min
- Cook Time: 60 Min
- Difficulty: easy
- Serves: 6
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1/2 sweet onion
4 cups frozen peas
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 package frozen tater tots or potato rounds
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
– Brown your ground beef and onion in a saucepan. Add salt & pepper to taste, if you wish. Combine the frozen peas and can of soup once the beef is browned to your liking.
– Preheat your oven to 375 F
– Spread the browned ground beef, soup and pea mixture in a casserole dish.
– Place a layer of cheddar cheese on top, then place tater tots evenly across the top. The entire top of the dish should be covered by the tater tots before it goes in the oven.
– Bake for 1 hour, checking after 30 minutes. If you find the dish is getting too brown, turn the oven down to 350 F and watch closely through the remainder of the cooking process.
Credit: Recipe by rmay as shared on halfhourmeals.com.