Creamy Fettuccine With Corn and Arugula
- 12 ounces fettuccine (3⁄4 box)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts), cut into thin half-moons
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup corn kernels (from 1 to 2 ears, or frozen)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups baby arugula (1 1⁄2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino (1 ounce)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the leeks, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the corn and wine. Simmer until the corn is tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the cream.
- Add the pasta, season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper, and toss to combine. Fold in the arugula. Sprinkle with the pecorino before serving.Cooking Variation Tips: Instead of heavy cream might like to try half and half. Might try cherry tomatoes (split in 4ths), and vermouth instead of white wine.
Credit: Recipe By Kate Merker, June, 2010. Copyright © 2014 Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. All rights reserved.