4 ounces fresh or frozen skinless trout fillets, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
- Place milk in a shallow dish. Place flour in another shallow dish. Dip fish into milk, then into flour, turning to coat evenly.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add fish to skillet. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning once halfway through cooking. Remove fish from skillet; cover and keep warm.
- For sauce: Add shallots to the same skillet. Cook over medium heat about 2 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Add broth, lemon juice, and butter. Cook over low heat until heated through, stirring to scrape up any crusty browned bits. Spoon sauce over fish. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with lemon wedges if desired
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 4 PER SERVING: 258 cal., 14 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 73 mg chol., 180 mg sodium, 7 g carb. (1 g fiber, 1 g sugars), 25 g pro.
credit: © Copyright 2014, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.