Bacon, Spinach, and Red Onion Sandwiches with Raspberry-Chipotle Mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons country-style Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 8 (1-ounce) slices gluten-free bread, lightly toasted
- 8 center-cut bacon slices, cooked
- 4 thin slices red onion
- 2 cups baby spinach
3 tablespoons seedless raspberry fruit spread
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well. Spread mustard mixture evenly on 4 toast slices.
- 2. Top evenly with bacon, onion, spinach, and remaining bread slices, pressing down slightly.
- This sandwich is very easy to make and has a great combo of sweet, savory, salty, and spicy. This relish is also delicious spread on a Panini sandwich with grilled, sliced chicken and cheese.
Credit: Recipe by Martine Giddings and photograph from Oxmoor House.
Copyright © 2014 Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. All Rights Reserved.