5 gluten-free graham cracker sheets, broken
3.38 ounces gluten-free flour (about 3/4 cup)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 large egg
6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
2 (4-ounce) bars semisweet chocolate, chopped
2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Line an 8-inch square metal baking pan with aluminum foil, allowing foil to extend over edge of pan.
- 3. Place graham crackers in a food processor; process until finely ground. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add flour and sugar to crumbs; pulse until combined. Add butter; pulse 15 times or until blended. Add egg; process until moist. Press crumb mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- 5. Cook cream in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat to 180° or until tiny bubbles form around edge (do not boil). Remove from heat. Add chocolate, stirring until smooth. Fold in marshmallows. Spread chocolate mixture over cooled crust. Cover and chill 2 hours and 30 minutes or until firm. Holding edges of foil, lift mixture from pan, and carefully peel off foil. Place on a cutting board. Cut into bars.
- Kids Can Help: My kids love pressing the crumb mixture into the pan, and then melting the chocolate and stirring in the marshmallows
credit Amanda Haas, Cooking Light Real Family Food, Oxmoor House
2012 Copyright © 2014 Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. All Rights Reserved.