Smokey Mac & Cheese Pasta
- Recipe Serves 4
- Preparation Time 15 min
- Cooking Time 15 min
- 2 slices thick cut bacon, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 package Knorr® Pasta Sides™ – Chicken flavor
- 2 cups cut-up cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese [or Cheddar ]
- Cook bacon in medium saucepan over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 4 minutes. Stir red peppers and onion into saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from saucepan and set aside.
- Prepare Knorr® Pasta Sides™ – Chicken flavor in same saucepan according to package directions. Stir in chicken, cheese, peppers and onion during the last 2 minutes of cook time.
- Garnish, if desired, with chopped parsley.Tip: Mac & cheese with chicken and veggies is an easy dinner for any night of the week. A little bacon makes this cheesy pasta recipe extra rich and savory. Cook Knorr® Pasta Sides™ Chicken Flavor in the same pan used for the bacon to get the best flavor!Credit: Photo and recipe are property of ©2013 Unilever United States.