Chicken with Carrots and Potatoes
1 3/4 cups vertically sliced sweet onions
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 6 small round red potatoes (about 1 pound), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 (6-ounce) bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Chopped fresh thyme (optional)Directions
- 1. Place onion in a 6-quart electric slow cooker coated with cooking spray; top with carrots and potatoes.
- 2. Combine broth, next 3 ingredients, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pour over vegetables.
- 3. Combine paprika, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; rub over chicken.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
Arrange chicken on top of vegetables.
- 4. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
Garnish with additional thyme, if desired.Credit: Copyright © 2014 Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. All Rights Reserved.