1 (1-pound) top round steak (1 inch thick), trimmed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms (about 2 cups)
- 1.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 cup fat-free, lower-sodium beef broth
- 1 (8-ounce) container low-fat sour cream
- 2 cups hot cooked medium egg noodles (about 4 ounces uncooked)
- 1. Cut steak diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Place steak and next 8 ingredients (though garlic) in a 3-quart electric slow cooker; stir well.
- 2. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Place flour in a small bowl; gradually add broth, stirring with a whisk until blended.
Add broth mixture to slow cooker; stir well.
Cover with lid; cook on high-heat setting 1 hour.
Reduce to low-heat setting, and cook 7 to 8 hours or until steak is tender.
Turn slow cooker off; remove lid. Let stroganoff stand 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream.
- Serve stroganoff over noodles.
Cooking Tip: Double the broth/flour mixture to cover the meat in the slow cooker.
Copyright © 2014 Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. All Rights Reserved. Cooking Light magazine 1999