Smoked Salmon Pasta with Basil Cream Sauce
(10.6 ounces) dried spaghetti
(1.4 ounces) Parmigianino -Reggiano
(1.4 ounces) basil
(0.18 ounces) garlic (1 medium clove)
- ½ cup cream
- ¼ cup milk
(7 ounces) cold smoked salmon, roughly torn apart
- Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and boil the pasta 1 minute less than what the package directions say.
- Add the Parmigiano-Reggiano to a small food processor or blender and process until powderized.
- Add the basil, garlic, cream and milk and process until smooth.
- Pour the sauce into a sauté pan and when the pasta is about 1 minute away from being done, turn the heat on to high.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, and cook until it starts to thicken.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce along with the smoked salmon. Stir to coat the pasta evenly while breaking up the salmon.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and the lemon juice. Plate and serve immediately.Credit: Recipe courtesy of Fresh Tastes by Marc Matsumoto. All rights reserved.