Ranch Beef Skillet Supper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 box (8-oz) seasoned rice and black beans (such as Goya)
- 1 can (14.5-oz) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 package (10 -oz) frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 4 ounce sharp Cheddar cheese, grated (1 cup)
- Cook the beef in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking it up with a spoon, until it is no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and beans, tomatoes, corn and 2 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the cilantro and cheese before serving.
Credit: ©2014 Hearst Communications, Inc. All Rights Reserved.