Grilled Arugula Bruschetta
Ingredients Makes 20 slices
Prep 15 minutes Grill 13 minutes Ingredients 1 loaf about 12 ounces Italian bread, cut Diagonally into 2 inch slices.
1 garlic clove, halved
1 tablespoon olive oil 1 1/4 cups shredded part skim mozzarella
1 1/4 cups chopped arugula
7 tablespoons reduced fat basil pesto Directions
1. Grill bread about 2 to 3 minutes per side or until lightly toasted.
Remove from heat. Rub one side of toasts with garlic, brush with olive oil.
2. Top each piece of toast with 1/2 tablespoon mozzarella. 1 tablespoon arugula and place another 1/2 tablespoon mozzarella over top. Return to grill heat 6 to 7 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Add pesto to each slice and serve immediately.
Pound round steak until very thin. Rub olive oil into steak. Sprinkle evenly with garlic salt and pepper. Layer carrots, zucchini, and cheese down the center of the steak lengthwise. Roll up steak from the long side. Tie together with 4 pieces of string. Place meat in crock-pot and cover with spaghetti sauce. Cover and cook on Low 7 to 9 hours. (High: 3 to 4 hours). Before serving, cut and remove string.
1. In a large bowl combine rice, salsa, and oregano.
In a second bowl combine refried beans, corn, chili powder, and cumin.
2. Coat a 12x8x2 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Spread half of the rice mixture evenly in the dish. Layer refried bean mixture and half the cheese over the rice. Scatter spinach over cheese.
Top with remaining cheese and rice mixture.
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.and bake for 35 minutes.
Sprinkle with shredded lettuce and cilantro when done.
Tip: This dish can be covered when assembled and refrigerate for up to two days PRIOR TO Baking.
Great for a plan ahead meal. If you want this casserole spicy just add hot salsa.