3 eggs separated
2 tsp low carb sweetener
2 tsp butter
extra sweetener, berries, low carb ice cream or whipped cream for serving
Preheat the broiler.
Beat the yolks with a fork in a small bowl with the sweetener.
In a stand mixer, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Slowly fold in the egg yolk mixture.
Melt the butter in a skillet and pour in the egg mixture. Cook only
My mom said a low heat for 5-7 minutes or until the bottom has set.
Place the skillet under the broiler and continue to cook until the top has set, around 3-4 minutes.
Fold over the omelet, divide into two servings and transfer to two plates. Garnish as desired.
We suspect you can prepare this with frozen broccoli, but we haven’t tried it and we offer this caveat: Make sure you gently squeeze as much water out of the broccoli as possible once it’s defrosted, and blot it with paper towels or a clean dish towel.
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 12 ounces grated cheddar cheese (about 4 loosely-packed cups)
- 4 large 12-inch flour tortillas
- Vegetable oil, for tortillas
- 1 medium avocado, sliced thin or chopped for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
DAD ADD: Quick Spicy Pico de Gallo
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1 ripe tomato, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- Fresh lime juice
- Pinch of salt .
Chicken Scampi with Angel Hair Pasta Recipe
- 1/2 pound angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon (a pinch) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus more lemon wedges for serving (about 1 tablespoon of zest and 3 tablespoons of juice)
- 1/4 cup chopped Parsley.
- Make the pasta: Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water, according to package instructions or until al dente. Scoop out about a cup of the pasta cooking water and set it aside. Drain the pasta.
2 Cook the chicken: Meanwhile, melt the butter with the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Pat the chicken dry and season both sides with the salt and a few grinds of fresh black pepper. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook about 2 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through.
Transfer the chicken to a cutting board to rest, leaving the fat in the pan.
Make the sauce: Add the garlic and red pepper flakes to the skillet and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the wine and lemon juice, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, and simmer until reduced by about half, 3 to 5 minutes
- Finish the pasta: Add the cooked pasta, lemon zest, parsley, and 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water to the skillet and toss to combine. If it seems too dry or like the sauce isn’t coating the pasta, stir in some more of the reserved pasta cooking water.
Cut the chicken into slices and toss with the pasta. Serve with extra lemon wedges for squeezing over the scampi.
Credit : image and recipe from simply recipe
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (7 ounces) thin spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 6 small zucchini (about 1 pound), cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove beef and set aside. In the same skillet, combine the water, tomato sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and salt; bring to a boil. Stir in spaghetti; return to a boil.
- Boil for 6 minutes.
- Add the zucchini. Cook 4-5 minutes longer or until spaghetti and zucchini are tender, stirring several times. Stir in beef and heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
1 cup: 340 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 600mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
@ 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC
3 zucchini, halved lengthwise
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/2 c. black beans
1/2 c. chopped cherry tomatoes
1/2 c. corn
1 c. shredded cheddar
1 c. shredded Monterey jack
Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. Score zucchini (like you’re dicing an avocado) and scoop out insides, reserving them for later. Place zucchini halves cut side-up into bottom of 9”-x-13” baking dish and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Bake until zucchini turns bright green and is just beginning to soften, 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and reserved zucchini and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Add ground beef, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon. Cook until beef is no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Drain fat.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, and paprika, then season with salt and pepper. Stir in black beans, cherry tomatoes, and corn.
- Spoon beef mixture into zucchini then top with cheeses. Bake until zucchini is just tender and cheeses are melted, about 15 minutes. Garnish with cilantro before serving. Serves 6
FOR THE LEMON TARRAGON GREEK YOGURT DRESSING:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used 0%)
- Juice of 1 lemon plus 1 tablespoon zest
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
FOR THE CHICKEN SALAD:
- 2 cooked rotisserie chicken breasts or leftover chicken, skin removed and shredded (1 – 1.5 lbs. or about 4 cups)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 green apple, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 12 lettuce cups (1-2 heads butter lettuce or romaine leaves)
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds*, for serving
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
PREPARE THE DRESSING:
- Place the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, zest, honey, tarragon, and garlic in a small bowl. Whisk until combined and add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
PREPARE THE CHICKEN SALAD:
- Place the chicken, celery, apple, dried apricot, and 1/4 cup chives in a medium bowl. Add the desired amount of dressing and toss well to coat, and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Place 1/4 cup of the chicken salad in each lettuce wrap. Top with sliced almonds and remaining chives. Serve and enjoy!
©2018 FLAVOR THE MOMENTS.